The Parish Life Commission promotes and deepens the involvement of the St. Francis Xavier community by:
- Sustaining the living traditions and practices of the Church;
- Strengthening and supporting the community of St Francis Xavier in a spirit of welcoming and the desire to unite and support.
The activities of the Parish Life Commission are multifaceted and involve many parish members.
These include: The Mom’s Group – outreach to young mothers and families, Ignite – a city wide parish collaboration for Young Adults in their 20’s & 30’s, Senior Wisdom – aid to ageing gracefully for those advancing in years, the Homebound Ministry – offering the Eucharist to those unable to attend Mass and outreach to those suffering from grief and loss, Women’s Scripture Group – a study of the Psalms, Men’s Prayer Group – morning prayer and reflection, Funeral Hospitality – providing hospitality for funerals, Mary Martha Ministry – prayerful construction of shawls for those who are suffering or ill, Knights of Columbus – Catholic fraternal organization providing service and support to the Catholic community, Contemplative Yoga – offering exercise grounded in the spirit, New Parishioner Welcome – offering an on-line parish registration form, updated welcome packet and Special Welcome Receptions, Children’s Christmas Party – watch for the upcoming Children’s Christmas Party!
Goals for 2018-2019:
Building relationships. Building Community.
- Commission Groups working together, sharing ideas and having fun as demonstrated by The Mom’s Group and Funeral Hospitality presenting the SFX Children’s Christmas Party.
- A culinary/cultural event offering an opportunity to get acquainted with parish members from a different international backgrounds.
- Prayer and study groups bringing people together growing in faith and spirit.
- Fresh social opportunities to welcome new parishioners while continuing to celebrating members of long standing.
How Parishioners Can Get Involved:
To learn more about the Parish Life Commission or to join in our activities please contact Commission Chair: Evie Larson 406-542-0321
List of Current Members:
Annabelle Blade Neil Blade Margaret Mollberg Clair Leonard Larry McKay Marianne Moe Kathy Turner Sarah Polumsky