The Parish Life Commission promotes and deepens the involvement of the St. Francis Xavier community by:
- sustaining the living traditions and practices of the Church;
- strengthening and supporting the community of St Francis Xavier by a spirit of welcoming and the desire to unite and support.
The activities of the Parish Life Commission are multifaceted and involve many parish members. These include: outreach to young mothers and families, outreach to those who are suffering from grief and loss, the Homebound Ministry and the Mary Martha Ministry. Additionally, this commission is involved in increasing Health Awareness and Health Enhancement activities.
Goals for 2017:
- Increase opportunities for involvement in the parish outside of sacramental events.
- Promote Young Families Outreach after mass once a quarter.
- Develop Young Mother’s Playgroup to meet weekly, providing clean space and snacks.
- Develop group of people to provide babysitting which would be available to parish members who want to attend Bible Study. Consider doing a Parent’s night out every few months. Make sure those who do babysits are Virtus trained.
- Explore idea of “Theology on Tap” for young adults in our community and if feasible move forward with this idea.
- Continue outreach to include Filipino Community with potluck/cultural night each year.
- Continue to reach out and develop ministries supporting pastoral needs of parish.
- Homebound Ministry- Ministers of Care will continue to be trained and function to bring communion and companionship to the homebound.
- Grief/Loss Ministry- Continue to reach out to those who are suffering from loss in the parish with phone calls, cards, visits as necessary.
- Mary/Martha Ministry- Meet monthly to knit prayer shawls to provide to sick and vulnerable members of our parish. Explore possibilities for evening group if interest is expressed.
- Promote and provide increased Health Awareness/Enhancement activities for parish.
- Offer Blood Pressure checks and education regarding high blood pressure monthly.
- Continue with Blood Drives two times each year.
- Provide CPR/AED trainings as necessary to keep staff and volunteers current in best practices.
- Explore other health ideas such as walking groups, fitness classes as appropriate for the parish community.
How Parishioners Can Get Involved:
To learn more about the Parish Life Commission or to join in our activities please contact
Commission Chairs :
Kelly Scariano at firstname.lastname@example.org, 406.541.6046
Patricia Lawrence at email@example.com, 406.542.0321
List of Current Members: