The Faith Formation Commission seeks to enable Saint Francis Xavier parish, families and individuals, to develop and grow in their relationship to the Holy Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Learning to live in and act out of that relationship with the help of God’s abundant grace. Doing so by:
- Creating a climate for evangelization and catechesis;
- Offering sacramental preparation to aid families and individuals;
- Ongoing evaluation of processes and programming
The activities of the Faith Formation Commission are numerous. Religious Education,(Pre/K through 5th Grades and Youth Group-6th through 12th Grades), Children’s Liturgy of the Word, Sacramental Preparation,(RCIA, Baptism, Reconciliation, 1st Eucharist, Confirmation, and Marriage Preparation), Adult Education,(Women’s Scripture Class, Men’s Prayer Breakfast, Lenten Adult Education Offerings, Series such as “Catholicism” as an example, and soon to be young adult gatherings.
Goals for 2017:
- Invite and enable people to actively participate and actively seek ongoing conversion through processes and programs offered at Saint Francis Xavier Parish.
- Encourage participants of each program to invite others
- Invite dynamic speakers/musicians to come and present a parish mision that engages all age groups
- Offer a monthly book club or similar gathering for couples
- Invite and enable young adults to actively seek ongoing conversion through a process determined by a young adult core team formed at Saint Francis
- Continue to grow the “Ignite ~ Young Adults” group in cooperation with Christ the King and St. Anthony parishes
- Foster and strengthen families and marriages by supporting them with activities that invite spiritual growth and conversion.
- Utilize existing formation programs to build stronger relationships with and between families
- Invite families to help with social and outreach projects
- Offer free materials relating to family topics at the church entrances
- Increase the number of families involved in parish activities outside of weekly Mass
- Ongoing evaluation of all processes and programs.
- Create standard end-of-year assessment surveys
- Gather attendance information for each program ans set goals for increased growth
- Have commission members interview participants about their experience within the programs
How Parishioners Can Be Involved:
To learn more about the Faith Formation Commission or to become involved in processes or programs here at Saint Francis Xavier Parish, please contact the commission chair listed at the bottom of the page.
List of Current Members:
Father Rich Perry
Debra Johnson, Chair